Born: 1956, Porto - Portugal
1979 - Graduated as MD from the University of Coimbra.
1983 - General Practitioner in the municipality of Caldas da Rainha.
1984 - Graduated as Occupational Doctor by the National Public Health School of Lisbon.
1991 - Assistant of General Practice
1995 - Consultant of General Practice
2001 - Head of Service of General Practice
- President of the Portuguese Association of General Practitioners. 1999-01; 2002-04; 2005-08.
- Board member of the European Society of Family Medicine â€“ Wonca Europe (2001 â€“ 2003 and 2004-2007)
- Since 1991, has been the Portuguese delegate to the European Working Group on Quality Assurance (EQuiP).
- Since 1992 until the end of the Society board member of the Societas Internacionalis Medicinae Generalis (SIMG)
A long-term interest in Quality Improvement:
- Adviser of the Department of Promotion and Quality Assurance of the Health General Directorate of the Ministry of Health, since January 95.
- Since September of 1997, has been working at the National Secretariat for Quality of the General Health Directorate of the Ministry of Health.
- Since April of 1999 till October 2005, Director of the National Institute for Quality in Health.
- Since October 2005, Coordinator of the National Mission Unit for the Reform of Primary Health Care.
- Co-ordinator and trainer in Courses on Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement at national and international level.
International Journal of Medicine (IJM):
International Association of Health Care Professionals (IAHCP) Education and
Kemp House, 152 City Road
London EC1V 2NX, UK
Or use our contact form.
We can now deliver Journals and books straight to your door!