Born: 1956, Porto - Portugal
1979 - Graduated as MD from the University of Coimbra.
1983 - General Practitioner in the municipality of Caldas da Rainha.
1984 - Graduated as Occupational Doctor by the National Public Health School of Lisbon.
1991 - Assistant of General Practice
1995 - Consultant of General Practice
2001 - Head of Service of General Practice
- President of the Portuguese Association of General Practitioners. 1999-01; 2002-04; 2005-08.
- Board member of the European Society of Family Medicine â€“ Wonca Europe (2001 â€“ 2003 and 2004-2007)
- Since 1991, has been the Portuguese delegate to the European Working Group on Quality Assurance (EQuiP).
- Since 1992 until the end of the Society board member of the Societas Internacionalis Medicinae Generalis (SIMG)
A long-term interest in Quality Improvement:
- Adviser of the Department of Promotion and Quality Assurance of the Health General Directorate of the Ministry of Health, since January 95.
- Since September of 1997, has been working at the National Secretariat for Quality of the General Health Directorate of the Ministry of Health.
- Since April of 1999 till October 2005, Director of the National Institute for Quality in Health.
- Since October 2005, Coordinator of the National Mission Unit for the Reform of Primary Health Care.
- Co-ordinator and trainer in Courses on Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement at national and international level.
International Journal of Medicine (IJM):
Kemp House, 152 City Road
London EC1V 2NX, UK
Or use our contact form.
We can now deliver Journals and books straight to your door!